Hello everyone! My name is Missy. I’m an artist and a guest blogger for PBS KIDS Utah. November’s American holiday is Thanksgiving, fun time for family, gratitude, and feasting. I thought it would be fun to do a craft project that can be displayed on our Thanksgiving dinner tables. Here is how to make an Autumn Leaf Table-Runner.
by Published onPBS KIDS Utah
- Use your scissors to cut out each leaf on the Leaf Pattern PDF page.
- Take each cardstock paper and fold it in half.
- Use your pencil to trace the different leaves on different colors of cardstock. Trace each leaf 4 or 5 times.
- Use your scissors to cut out all the leaves. Since the cardstock paper is folded, you’ll be cutting 2 leaves in one.
- Now take your first pair of matching leaves, put glue all over one leaf.
- Lay your string down the middle of the leaf leaving a 5 inch tail.
- Now lay the other matching leaf on top and press down firmly to help the glue stick together.
- Grab another pair of leaves, a different shape and different color. Repeat steps 6 & 7 leaving about 2 inches between leaves.
- Continue gluing leaves onto the string in the same way until you run out of leaves.
- Leave a 5 inch tail and cut the end with your scissors.
Craft Instruction Photos
1 / 8
2 / 8
3 / 8
4 / 8
5 / 8
6 / 8
7 / 8
8 / 8
This fun Autumn Leaf Table-Runner can now be used as a decoration on your Thanksgiving Dinner table. Lay it on the table winding around plates and serving dishes. It will be a beautiful addition. Be creative and have fun!