Glen Campbell Hosts Country Pop Legends, A Special Reunion Performance Featuring Hank Locklin, Crystal Gale, and More
Country Pop Legends unite to perform their biggest and best-loved hit recordings from the 1950s, 60s and 70s in this special performance. County music legend Roy Clark hosts this emotional trip down three decades of memory lane. New performances from Glen Campbell, Crystal Gayle, Hank Locklin, Bill Anderson, BJ Thomas, the Bellamy Brothers, the Browns and more are intermixed with full-length vintage gems from the vaults.
Country Pop Legends airs Thursday, June 4th at 7:00 p.m. on KUED.
“This is about respect and preserving the legacy of so many classic country performers that defined the soundtrack of generations,” says TJ Lubinsky, executive producer and creator of the MY MUSIC series. “In our specials, we’ve gone from doo wop to disco, folk rock to movie songs; now it’s time for music straight from the heartland.”
Country Pop Legends includes the following performances:
- “Southern Nights”/“Rhinestone Cowboy” – Glen Campbell
- “Please Send Me the Pillow You Dream On”/“Please Help Me I’m Falling” – Hank Locklin
- Gene Autry – archival tribute
- “The Old Lamplighter”/“The Three Bells” – The Browns (reunited)
- “Tennessee Waltz” – Patti Page
- Eddy Arnold – archival tribute
- Tammy Wynette – archival tribute
- “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue” – Crystal Gayle
- Johnny Cash and Buck Owens – archival tribute