You are here
About PBS Utah
PBS Utah, licensed to The University of Utah, is the sole PBS station for the state, providing viewers with access to quality educational, arts, and entertainment programs 24 hours a day, on four broadcast channels and online. PBS Utah airs national PBS programming in addition to award-winning, locally produced documentaries and series. Recognized as one of the leading public television stations in the country, PBS Utah is committed to serving the Utah community through diverse local productions, K-12 educational programs, and community engagement. PBS Utah works to provide the people of Utah and surrounding areas with relevant programming and services while upholding core values of integrity, fairness, independence, education, and innovation.
PBS Utah provides four digital channels: PBS Utah HD, WORLD Channel, PBS KIDS 24/7, and Create. PBS Utah HD (7.1 or Comcast 658) offers the full PBS schedule in addition to a weekday block of PBS KIDS programming. WORLD Channel (7.2 or Comcast 390) offers PBS documentaries, public affairs programs, and more. PBS KIDS 24/7 (7.3 or Comcast 391) offers trusted PBS KIDS programming at all hours of the day. Create (7.4 or Comcast 393) offers how-to, travel, cooking programs, and more.
- Storyteller role: We provide a local perspective and a needed platform to the people of Utah. We tell stories that are informative, thorough, and compassionate, that broaden perceptions and find common ground.
- Quality content: Our programming is a window into the world around us — offering insight into the news, a deeper look into nature and culture, historical perspective and local values.
- Scope of services: We meet viewers where they are, offering programs and services through traditional television, online, on mobile & connected TV devices, in the classroom, and in the community.
PBS Utah signed on the air under call letters KUED on January 9, 1958. The station is a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution licensed to The University of Utah.
Mission, Vision, and Values Statements
PBS Utah aims to deliver trusted, quality programming that entertains, enriches, and informs viewers of all ages, in urban and rural areas, on-air, online, and in the community.
PBS Utah strives to be a strong community resource that is trusted, valued, and essential.
Independence: We are dedicated to our viewers, not beholden to corporate interests or political entities.
Fairness: We give voice to a diversity of perspectives to strengthen the social, democratic, and cultural health of Utah.
Integrity: We adhere to a strong code of ethics in the creation of our programs and in our interaction with viewers, online users, co-workers, and supporters. We follow the principles of honesty and respect.
Education: We promote lifelong learning, an engaged and informed populace, and a safe place for every child to grow and learn.
Innovation: We keep up with the trends in television, meeting viewers where they are, across broadcast, online, mobile, connected TV devices, and more.
Please take a moment to read the Public Media Code of Integrity.
Annual Station Report About Local Content and Services
(please note: Flash is required)
Yearly Financial Reports
To view the PBS Utah yearly financial reports please click here:
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) requires that we make annual financial reports available to the public. To obtain those copies, please contact:
Ken Dodson, Controller, PBS Utah and KUER 90.1
101 S. Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah, 84112
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current PBS Utah Diversity Policy and Reports
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2019 (PDF)
- KUED Diversity Policy (PDF)
- KUED FY 2019 Diversity Statement (PDF)
- Referral Source 2017 (PDF)
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2018 (PDF)
- Supplemental Activity KUED 6/16 to 6/17 (PDF)
- KUED FY 2017 Diversity Statement (PDF)
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2017 (PDF)
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2016 (PDF)
- Referral Source 2016 (PDF)
- Supplemental Activity KUED 6/15 to 6/16 (PDF)
- KUED Diversity Policy (PDF)
- KUED FY 2016 Diversity Statement (PDF)
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2015 (PDF)
- Referral Source 2015 (PDF)
- Supplemental Activity KUED 6/14 to 6/15 (PDF)
- KUED EEO Public File Report 2014 (PDF)
- Referral Source 2014 (PDF)
- Supplemental Activity KUED 6/13 to 6/14 (PDF)