Hello friends! Missy here with another fun activity for you and your family. Near the end of the Summer, when all the berries are ripe, my family likes to make a special kind of pizza: fruit pizza! This fun and easy recipe is a great one for all ages.
- Sugar cookie dough (home-made or store bought)
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Pizza pan or sheet pan
- Measuring spoons/cups
- Your favorite berries and fruits
- Butter knife
- Spread out your sugar cookie dough on your pizza pan/sheet pan so that it is about ⅓ inch thick.
- Bake according to recipe or directions on package (until light brown).
- In your bowl, mix 1 TBSP milk, 1 package cream cheese and ½ C powdered sugar using your spoon.
- Once your cookie dough is out of the oven and cooled, use your spatula to spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top.
- Now add any fruit that your like: strawberries, kiwis, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Use your knife to cut your pizza into slices or squares, serve and enjoy!
This recipe will probably become a household favorite. I love to bring fruit pizza to picnics and pot-lucks. And it's yummy to change up the fruit on top depending on the season. Be creative and have fun!